WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)-- Families are welcoming new exhibits to the Celery Bog Nature Center in West Lafayette.
The annual family nature celebration kicked off the summer season with educational demonstrations for children. Activities and special events included showcasing new exhibits within the nature center and the outdoor amphitheater.
Parents and children were able to participate in outdoor activities like nature walks and a family bug hunt.
Director Dan Dunten said this a way for families to spend quality time together.
"Just getting out and away from the screens and getting outdoors and enjoying nature," Dunten said. "We encourage people to come out to the Celery Bog nature area in West Lafayette and we enjoy teaching and helping people explore the outdoors."
The new exhibits are open to the public and can be found inside the Celery Bog Nature Area.
- Families celebrate new exhibits at Celery Bog
- Celery Bog extraordinaire Sam Postlethwait dies at 100
- West Lafayette firefighters begin controlled burn of Celery Bog
- Family celebrates 100th reunion
- Purdue history exhibit helps celebrate university's 150th birthday
- City of Logansport Celebrates Veterans Day with an Exhibit
- Indianapolis Zoo opening new exhibits
- Kokomo Artist designs shoes for celebrities, full exhibit stops at Purdue
- McLaughlin, Purdue rout Ashland in exhibition
- Bids open for Columbian Park penguin exhibit