LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Fallen members of local law enforcement agencies were honored at a special service Wednesday.
The service is held every year at Columbian Park.
It's part of National Law Enforcement Memorial Day.
The day recognizes the sacrifices officers take to protect their communities across the nation.
The ceremony recognized four fallen officers from LPD, two from the Sherriff’s Office and six from the Indiana State Police post.
"It's a very special occasion. We get a chance to revisit every year the sacrifices those that have come before us have made. And in particular, those who have made the ultimate sacrifice,” said Lafayette Police Chief Patrick Flannelly.
"It's a really good opportunity to for us to really be thankful for everything that not only the officers have done but their families as well," added Flannelly.
- Memorial service held for fallen troopers
- Memorial mile dedicated to fallen trooper
- ISP honors fallen trooper with memorial
- ISP parks cruiser to honor fallen trooper
- Visitation honors fallen ISP Trooper Peter Stephan
- Visitation and funeral information released for fallen trooper
- More than $8,800 raised for fallen trooper's family
- Purdue holds annual Memorial Day Service
- Funeral Service for Indiana State Police Trooper Peter Stephan
- Special service will be held for National Overdose Awareness day