ROYAL CENTER, Ind. (WLFI) — Since Adam Berry took over the Pioneer football program in 2016, the Panthers have won 29 of 30 games including a Class A state championship a season ago.
Don't be surprised to see Berry's squad at Lucas Oil Stadium again this year in large part because four-year starting quarterback Jack Kiser, a Notre Dame commit returns.
Kiser threw for 1,193 yards and 16 touchdowns and ran for 1,964 yards and 38 scores to help Pioneer cap off an undefeated 15-0 season in 2017.
But the Panthers also feature several weapons around Kiser. Three-year starting back Danny Gregorich returns as well as junior Miles VonTobel and sophomores Ezra and Addai Lewellen.
On the other side of the ball, Pioneer brings back nine starters to a defense which allowed less than seven points a game.
The Panthers begin the regular season on August 17 at Lewis Cass.
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Pioneer begins pursuit of second straight title
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Raymond Jones era begins at Clinton Prairie
- Fall of Camp Frenzy: North Montgomery looks to avoid third straight losing season
- Pioneer wins program's first softball state title
- Pioneer cruises past Adam Central 38-7, wins second straight semistate title
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Brian Nay takes over at Central Catholic
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Carroll looks to build on 2017 season
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Seeger Patriots optimistic about next step
- Paluru pulls in 3rd straight regional spelling bee title
- Frontier beats Sheridan 9-5, claims third straight sectional title