CHALMERS, Ind. (WLFI) — The Fall Camp Frenzy continues as Sports 18 visited Chalmers to catch up with Jamie Sailors' Frontier Falcons, where there's a story line that's been going on for more than a decade now. When will the Falcons post a winning season?
This year they bring back an offense that includes 1,000 yard passer Jack Mikesell, while Colin Reagan will anchor the run game for the Falcons. He's known for his ability to find open space, a trait a different sport helped him develop.
Reagan is a two-time state qualifier in wrestling.
"Wrestling has to do a lot with leverage and certain stuff like that," said Reagan. "A lot of stamina and stuff, so putting that into football, it helps a lot with just tackling, running, keeping small through the holes and stuff like that."
Meanwhile, Mikesell is making the transition from quarterback to slot receiver this year. His focus is centered on making every play count in his final season of high school football.
"I think we just need to forget about the past, and just have fun and play in the game because like us seniors we only get 10 or 12 guaranteed games," said Mikesell. "So not worrying about the past and not worrying about the record is my goal just going out every game playing every down 100 percent."
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Frontier searching for first winning season since 2006
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Carroll looks to build on 2017 season
- Frontier wins 3rd consecutive regional softball title
- Fall of Camp Frenzy: North Montgomery looks to avoid third straight losing season
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Raymond Jones era begins at Clinton Prairie
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Seeger Patriots optimistic about next step
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Pioneer begins pursuit of second straight title
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Brian Nay takes over at Central Catholic
- HIGHLIGHTS: West Lafayette 74, Frontier 23 (GBB)
- HIGHLIGHTS: Twin Lakes 51, Frontier 38 (BBB)