LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Faith Church is looking to build a park, with athletic fields on Lafayette's east side. Church leaders are hoping neighbors can help with the planning process.
The church was given 90 acres of land, northeast of Faith East. Senior Pastor Steve Viars said they want to put it to good use.
They have thought about building various athletic fields.
A meeting with neighbors was held Thursday evening to see what kind of fields and features might be best. Some recommendations included outdoor basketball hoops and soccer fields for an older crowd.
"A lot of what we're doing at Faith at our various campuses, it actually came directly from one of our neighbors," said Viars.
Viars said the church is currently working with a consulting firm. Work could even begin as soon as this year.
- Faith Church looks to build park with sports fields
- Faith Church hosts Passion Play
- 4th district congressional debate at Faith Community Center
- Amish couple sues 2 agencies over photos their faith forbids
- A historical Lafayette church now has more funds to restore its building
- Small plane makes emergency landing in field
- Local High Schools Receiving New Turf Fields
- Lafayette church hosts Easter Extravaganza
- Local church asks for donations
- Lafayette church getting a $480,000 facelift