LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Faith Church hosted its annual Passion Play Saturday, at the Long Center for the Performing Arts.
The plays feature more than 100 actors, and included live music and singing. Admission to the evening matinee is free and open to the public.
The church's second performance started this evening at six. Johnny Kjaer is a pastor at Faith Church, he said the plays are just about spreading the word.
"First of all the goal is we want to share the gospel with our community, we want to know the good news of what gods word has to say," said Kjaer. "So people are open to listen to that during the Easter season because its part of their family traditions and those kinds of things."
Kjaer said the plays now feature a new script each year.
- Faith Church hosts Passion Play
- Faith Church looks to build park with sports fields
- Lafayette church hosts Easter Extravaganza
- No. 13 Purdue back to conference play, hosting Rutgers Wednesday
- Unique skills and passions on display at this years Feast of the Hunters' Moon
- 4th district congressional debate at Faith Community Center
- Amish couple sues 2 agencies over photos their faith forbids
- Local church asks for donations
- Music is unifying local churches
- Mulberry hosts Hometown Christmas