FAIR OAKS, Ind. (WLFI) -- As you drive north on I-65, through Tippecanoe and White Counties, it's hard to miss the latest addition to one of Indiana's most notable agriculture tourism sites. This week, Fair Oaks Farms in Newton County becomes even more of a destination location.
A new 99 room barn-themed Fairfield Inn and Suites is slated to open Thursday on the property of Fair Oaks Farms. Planners say it brings together the best of the hospitality industry.
"There began to be more than one days worth of activities to do here," said Michael McCall, the Chief Strategy Officer at Fair Oaks. "We've built a hotel here that is absolutely Marriott, but at the same time absolutely Fair Oaks Farms."
"This is the most unique Fairfield Inn and Suites you will see probably in the world," said General Manager Layne Matthews. "The barn shape is a big part of it, but also all of the artwork and enhancements inside the hotel."
It all begins as you walk into the building. The hotel features a "Great Room" style lobby with seating, power stations, pool tables and a patio. There are places to sit, where guests can enjoy a free continental breakfast.
However, the most unique part of the hotel may be what's inside two silos attached to the 80-foot tall building. Eight suites, including family bunk rooms and bridal suites, create flexibility for guests. It's part of 31 total upscale suites in the hotel. Twenty-three of the rooms can sleep six people.
The hotel also features a pool with a slide and other water features. The fitness center faces east, so you can watch the sunrise while you workout in the mornings.
"I've never seen so much local support for a hotel," said McCall. "There really is a great pride to have it here in Newton County and literally across the street from Jasper. Fair Oaks Farms becomes a destination, either for a day or a couple of days."
You can see photo renderings here.
- Fair Oaks Farms opens barn-themed hotel
- Video shows alleged animal cruelty at Fair Oaks Farms
- Oak Hill Corn Maze & Tree Farm open for the season
- Three people charged in connection with Fair Oaks Farm animal cruelty case
- Second video released showing alleged animal abuse at Fair Oaks Farms
- One suspect in custody in connection with the animal cruelty case at Fair Oaks Farms
- Man accused in Fair Oaks Farms animal abuse appears in court for first time
- Governor announces theme of 2019 Indiana State Fair
- Fair Oaks owner responds to animal abuse video, outlines future