LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The FBI is on scene at the Nanshan America Advanced Aluminum Technologies plant in Lafayette, according to assistant HR manager Nicki Huerta.
Multiple employees from the finance department reached out to News 18 Tuesday morning and said they had been released for the day, although the FBI has not confirmed anything. Huerta told News 18's Kayla Sullivan she isn't sure why the FBI is there, but the production line is still working.
Nanshan America is a 600,000 square foot facility on U.S. 52 in the southern portion of Tippecanoe County. It specializes in aluminum casting and extrusion, according to its website.
FBI Supervisory Special Agent Craig Moringiello said the bureau was in the area doing law enforcement activity this morning.
However, he would not say why agents were at the China-based aluminum extrusion manufacturing company.
He told News 18 he could not add any more information, even if arrests are made at the facility.
The Tippecanoe Sheriff's Office confirmed it played a small role in the FBI's visit to Nanshan.
Deputies secured the scene for about 15 minutes upon the FBI's arrival while some employees were sent home.
However, the sheriff's office says it doesn't know what the investigation was about.
The warrant was sealed.
Nanshan said it has no comment on the matter at this time.
- FBI on scene at Lafayette Nanshan America facility
- Employee killed after fall at Nanshan America
- Lafayette fire training facility expanding
- Lafayette Jiffy Lube enters the art scene
- Wreaths Across America in West Lafayette
- One shot fired in Lafayette incident; police on scene
- Franciscan Health Lafayette rated five star hospital facility
- Lafayette City Council discusses low-income senior housing facility
- Lafayette School Corporation set to open several new facilities
- Federal agents are investigating a Lafayette medical facility