BATTLE GROUND, Ind. (WLFI) — An eyesore along I-65 in Tippecanoe County may be coming down. That is, if an agreement can be made within the next week.
As News 18 previously reported, Illinois-based investment group R-E-I purchased the old Days Inn along I-65 and State Road 43 and promised to renovate it.
Last May, the town claimed work had stopped and asked a judge to order a demolition. At that time, R-E-I had 30 days to file a response.
Battle Ground's attorney Eric Burns said they're in negotiations for a demolition order, but it has to happen before a hearing set for Oct. 17.
Burns said it would then allow the town to hire someone to handle the demolition.
News 18 will continue to follow this story.
- Eyesore motel off I-65 could come down if agreement is made within week
- Northbound I-65 back open
- Man arrested after I-65 crash
- Additional lane coming to I-65
- I-65 reopens after semi rollovers
- So long, eyesore! Old Where Else and Fresh Mix come down in WL
- Crash slows holiday traffic on I-65
- ISP says 2 dead in I-65 crash
- Southbound I-65 closed due to overturn semi
- Two I-65 ramps will close this weekend