LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) —The Senior Executive Vice President of Subaru of Indiana Automotive, one of Tippecanoe County's largest employers, is retiring at the end of the year. Tom Easterday will retire on Dec. 31.
Easterday joined SIA in 1989 as Corporate Counsel, according to his biography. In addition to Senior Executive Vice President, he also served as Secretary and Chief Legal Officer at SIA.
Easterday was named Business Leader of the Year for 2017 by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce. At the time, those who chose him said Easterday stood out for the growth of the company, and for the respect he's won from others.
Easterday has close to 6,000 associates working under him.
He said while nobody will "take over" per se, four people, who used to report to him, have been promoted. Doug Meyer, Rachel Hazaray, Scott Brand and Ed Wulbrecht will all share his responsibilities.
Enjoy retirement, Tom!
- Executive VP of Subaru of Indiana Automotive to retire
- Subaru of Indiana exec named Business Leader of the Year
- VP Pence's brother Greg wins Indiana House seat
- Akridge named Purdue provost, executive VP for academic affairs and diversity
- Kokomo Automotive Museum looking for new home after 20 years
- Fundraising for 2018 Subaru CASA Cycling challenge begins
- Subaru recalls 640K vehicles globally for stalling problems
- Hershman to retire from Indiana Senate
- Swastikas painted at southern Indiana retirement community
- LPD searching for suspect in alleged VP armed robbery