TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — You can now check out some new and appropriately-themed artwork in Greater Lafayette.
It's all thanks to support from Duke Energy and the Community Foundation of Greater Lafayette.
The Tippecanoe Arts Federation and Tippecanoe County Public Art Team partnered with New York artist Andrei Krautsou.
Krautsou created a mural with an energy theme, titling it "Indiana Energy."
Tetia Lee, Executive Director at Tippecanoe Arts Federation, says the location was identified as a typically vandalized area. But past projects show that shouldn't be a problem.
"What we've been very fortunate is after we've done an artwork, other artists that are tagging work respect it. These are just blank canvases for them. And then they won't get to add thereafter. So it's something that we really enjoy," said Lee.
The artist completed the murals in just five days.
They are located on the pylons of the Interstate 65 underpass along North Ninth Street.
- Energy-themed mural unveiled on Ninth Street
- Exploration Acres unveils "Stranger Things" corn maze theme
- Ninth annual Gown Town gives girls free dresses for prom
- Downtown Lafayette to dedicate new mural Wednesday
- Students create new mural in downtown Lafayette
- Mural helps beautify city's north end
- West Lafayette Welcomes New "Boilertown" Mural
- Purdue baseball scores five runs in ninth, stuns Notre Dame 8-7
- An unfinished Wabash Walls mural has some asking: Who is the man in the mural?
- Greater Lafayette to dedicate new mural on Wednesday