LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A man is dead after a fall at the Nanshan America Advanced Aluminum Technologies plant over the weekend.
Tippecanoe County Coroner Donna Avolt told News 18 Kerry Wheeldon died after a fall at the plant early Sunday morning.
The 51-year-old was an employee at Nanshan.
Lafayette Police Sgt. Matt Gard said Wheeldon was on a scissor lift working on a crane at the time of the fall. Gard said, somehow, the crane knocked the lift over with Wheeldon still on it.
He said it appears Wheeldon had a safety harness on when it happened.
Wheeldon was taken to IU Health Arnett Hospital where he died from his injuries.
Avolt said Wheeldon was taken to IU Health Arnett Hospital where he died from his injuries.
She said the injuries that caused Wheeldon's death will be confirmed after an autopsy Monday evening.
Nanshan America is a 600,000 square foot facility on U.S. 52 in the southern portion of Tippecanoe County. It specializes in aluminum casting and extrusion, according to its website.
News 18 is still waiting on a response from Nanshan.
This story will be updated.
- Employee killed after fall at Nanshan America
- FBI on scene at Lafayette Nanshan America facility
- Arconic employee critical after falling 40 feet into casting pit
- Indiana man struck, killed by falling rock in Hawaii
- Falling temperatures for Tuesday
- Falling temperatures this week
- Falling temperatures this Thursday
- Question About Fall Color
- Fall 2018 Trends
- LSC adds cyber insurance to protect employees