MARSHALL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — An Elkhart man is being held on suspicion of committing several robberies in Logansport and possibly throughout northeast Indiana and Michigan.
Logansport police say that the same suspect in the Cass County robberies of a Clark gas station and Wedges Liquor Store in October could be responsible for robberies in Peru, Auburn and Decatur, Indiana as well as Kalamazoo and Portage, Michigan.
The suspect was located early Tuesday morning in Plymouth by Indiana State Police Investigators and has been identified as 53-year-old Rex Evan Hammond of Elhart.
Hammond is being held at the Marshall County Jail on preliminary charges of possession of a firearm by a serious felon and possession of methamphetamines and an arrest warrant was issued for two counts of armed robbery.
Several agencies are cooperating in this active investigation including the Logansport Police Department, Indiana State Police, Peru Police Department, Auburn Police Department, Kalamazoo Police Department, Portage Police Department, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms.
- Elkhart man suspected in string of Indiana and Michigan robberies
- Elkhart exhibit tied to Domestic Violence Awareness month
- Suspect arrested in string of Logansport church burglaries
- PUPD looking for suspects in overnight burglary string
- Indiana city approves Lake Michigan cruise ship
- No. 25 Michigan State outlasts Indiana 40-31
- Serial robbery suspect facing multiple charges in local bank robberies
- Serial robbery suspect charged for multiple armed robberies
- No. 17 Michigan defense holds off Indiana in OT, 27-20
- Quick start lifts Michigan to 69-55 win over Indiana