WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Elijah Sindelar's career performance against Vanderbilt on Saturday has earned him Rose Bowl Big Ten Player of the Week honors and a spot on the Manning Award's Stars of the Week list.
He was named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week earlier in the day.
Completing 34 of 52 attempts for a career-high 509 yards and five passing touchdowns against the Commodores, Sindelar became the first Purdue quarterback to throw for over 500 yards and five touchdowns since Kyle Orton against Indiana on Nov. 20, 2004.
Sindelar also added 10 yards and a touchdown on four carries to become the first player to account for six scores in a game since Curtis Painter in 2007.
Sindelar's passing total tied for the sixth-most in school history, while his 519 yards of total offense ranks fifth all-time.
- Elijah Sindelar earns Player of The Week honors
- Elijah Sindelar granted extra year of eligibility
- Purdue QB Elijah Sindelar breaks down Arizona preparation
- D.J. Knox earns National Player of the Week honors
- Purdue hoping Blough or Sindelar emerge as QB
- Sindelar's 5 passing TDs help Purdue top Vanderbilt
- Sindelar’s concussion could force Purdue to make QB change
- Atkinson, Mohler earn All-America honors
- Sindelar emerging in QB competition, Blough looks back at Wisconsin game
- Purdue's Sydney Bates earns pair of Big Ten honors