LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Eastside 9 Movie Theater will soon become Lafayette's first IMAX theater. It closes Sept. 27 to undergo some major renovations.
Each auditorium will be updated with new screens and power recliner seats. The $6 million project includes expanding the lobby and concession stand menu.
A full bar is also being added for movie-goers 21 and older. The theater's name will change to Eastside 10 IMAX.
Senior Shift Manager Sean Edwards said the updates have been a long time coming.
"Lafayette is a growing community and it is definitely something that will be a very big asset to the community and we are looking forward to giving our customers a great experience with the different amenities we have to offer," said Edwards.
The theater is set to re-open in December. The IMAX auditorium will be ready by March 2019.
- Eastside 9 set to close Thursday to become Eastside 10 IMAX
- Eastside 9 to reopen Thursday
- Power outage shuts down Eastside 9 theater
- Lafayette's new IMAX theater set to open this weekend
- Logansport bridge set to close
- State Street set to open Thursday
- US 52 intersections set to close Friday
- U.S. 52 is set to close in Benton County
- Valparaiso University's struggling law school set to close