WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) announced the eastbound lanes of the Sagamore Parkway bridge over the Wabash River will be closed for around six hours overnight Tuesday, March 19.
Purdue and INDOT researches will be conduction tests on the easternmost bridge pier. The team plans to use 12 loaded tri-axle dump trucks to measure strain on the bridge. Strain gauge sensors previously installed on the foundation piles will monitor eight scenarios.
The test will be performed on the bridge between the hours of 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. Drivers will need to find alternate routes during the tests.
- Eastbound lanes of Sagamore Pkwy bridge closed overnight Tuesday
- 20-minute closures on Sagamore Pkwy Bridge begin Tuesday
- Eastbound Sagamore Pkwy bridge over the Wabash is back open and clear
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge reopening delayed
- TRAFFIC ALERT: INDOT recommends detours for Sagamore bridge lane closures
- Drivers responding well to Sagamore bridge lane closures
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge teasing drivers with one westbound lane opening Tuesday
- Lanes to close on Sagamore Parkway Bridge Monday for summer construction
- Series of closures on Sagamore Parkway Bridge to happen Tuesday
- Delays on Sagamore already reported ahead of Tuesday's bridge work