LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Greater Lafayette Commerce has chosen East End Grill as the 2019 Small Business of the Year. Each month, GLC selects a small business of the month. Those businesses then get put in the running for small business of the year.
East End Grill is an industrial American grill located at 1016 Main Street. The restaurant is going on its fifth year of business.
Lafayette Mayor Tony Roswarski commended the restaurant for contributing to future connection between downtown and the Five Points area.
Scott Trzaskus is the owner of the fast-growing Lafayette staple. He said it's an honor to be the recipient of this award.
"It was pretty humbling to be honest. There were lots of good businesses here tonight and we feel really appreciative to have won," he said. "We really appreciate everyone's support from the city and most importantly our team at the restaurant for helping us to get here."
The restaurant is currently building a new concept right across the street from its current location. Trzaskus said it should open and ready for customers this fall.
- East End Grill named Small Business of the Year
- East End Grill's act of kindness has lasting impact
- Studio b named Small Business of the Year
- Turning Pointe Academy awarded small business of the year
- Small Business Saturday takes over downtown Lafayette
- Small Business Saturday brings big benefit for local businesses
- A small bookstore in Lafayette saw big business thanks to Small Business Saturday
- Subaru of Indiana exec named Business Leader of the Year
- Small local businesses find this holiday season successful
- The effect of the government shutdown on small businesses