COLUMBUS, Ohio — Duncan Hines announced they are recalling a select number of cakes mixes due to potential presences of salmonella.
The company said the Centers for Disease and Control Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are investigating a potential salmonella outbreak after Duncan Hines Classic White cake mix tested positive for salmonella.
Duncan Hines said they have voluntarily recalled the following products as a precaution:
- Classic White, UPC: 644209307500, and have a best if used by date of March 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 2019.
- Classic Butter Golden, UPC: 644209307494, and have a best if used by date of March 9, 10, 12, 13, 2019.
- Signature Confetti, UPC: 644209307593, and have a best if used by date of March 7, 8, 9, 2019.
- Classic Yellow, UPC: 644209414550, and have a best if used by date of March 12, 13, 2019.
So far five people have reported becoming sick after consuming the cake mix. While it has not been definitively concluded that this product is linked to the outbreak, the investigation is still ongoing.
The FDA is reminding consumers not to eat any raw batter.
Consumers who have purchased these items are advised not to consume them and to return them to the store where originally purchased.
Consumers with questions should call our Consumer Care team at 1-888-299-7646 or visit Duncan Hines website.
- Duncan Hines voluntarily recalls limited number of cakes mixes due to risk of salmonella
- Indiana farm recalls over 200 million eggs due to risks of salmonella
- 6.5 million pounds of beef recalled due to salmonella outbreak
- Meijer recalls some packaged produce due to listeria risk
- Ready-to-Eat salads being recalled due to possible salmonella and listeria contamination
- 5.1 million pounds of beef added to recall due to salmonella
- Kellogg recalls Honey Smacks because of salmonella potential
- 4 types of Goldfish Crackers recalled, salmonella fears
- Deadly salmonella outbreak forces USDA to recall raw turkey
- Del Monte Foods Announces Limited Recall of Canned Fiesta Corn Seasoned with Red & Green Peppers Due to Under Processing