All power has been restored in Lafayette as of Tuesday morning, according to the Duke website.
LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)- More than 3,000 customers are experiencing a power outage in Lafayette Monday night.
That's according to Duke Energy officials.
News 18 spoke with Government and Community Relations Manager for Duke Energy Dan Rhodes about the reported outage.
Rhodes said he does not know the cause of the outage yet, but assumes it could be weather-related.
According to Rhodes, there are four current events active as of 6:30 p.m. The majority of outages are located just north of the Ivy Tech Lafayette campus, east towards Dayton and Mulberry.
The first call reporting a power outage came in to Duke at 5:30 p.m. Monday night.
Rhodes told News 18 he does not have an estimate for restoration at this time. However, there are workers on site actively trying to fix the problem.
Click here to view the outage map.
This story will be updated.
- Duke Energy says thousands of customers out of power in Lafayette
- Duke Energy reporting power outages
- State regulators approve Duke Energy rate reduction
- Duke Energy to hold career fair
- Duke Energy expects power to be restored by 6 p.m. Monday
- Duke Energy says it's prepared for storm-related outages
- Duke Energy proposes rate cut, credits federal tax overhaul
- Duke Energy to create plan for Indiana coal ash ponds
- Duke Energy Indiana offers cold weather energy-saving and money-saving tips