LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Two people were arrested after drugs and a gun missing its serial number were found in a home.
Lafayette police say on Monday, Jan. 15 the Street Crimes unit were sent to investigate a complaint of possible drug activity in the 700 block of Park Avenue.
After speaking with 20-year-old Katelynn Ravenscraft, officers obtained a warrant and conducted a search of her home.
Police found 1.5 pounds of marijuana, controlled substances including LSD and a handgun with its serial number removed.
Ravenscraft was arrested and preliminarily charged with possession of marijuana, dealing marijuana, maintaining a common nuisance, possession of a handgun with an obliterated serial number, possession of a schedule I controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia.
Police also arrested 20-year-old Jerald Leuck on preliminary charges of possession of marijuana and possession of a schedule IV controlled substance.
Summons were issued to 19-year-old Paige Preston, 23-year-old Nathan Goad, 22-year-old Conner Ryan and 18-year-old Michael Schmid for visiting a common nuisance.
Ravenscraft and Leuck were both taken to the Tippecanoe County Jail.
The Lafayette Police Department would like to remind people to continue to report suspicious and illegal activity by calling 765-807-1200, or through the anonymous WeTip hotline at 800-78-CRIME.
- Drugs and guns found in home, 2 in custody
- Authorities: 48 guns, drugs found in Indiana man's home
- Person in custody after motorcyclist points gun at deputy
- Akron drug investigation turns up money, drugs and guns
- Lafayette man faces possession charges after gun, drugs found during traffic stop
- TCSO investigates drugs found in jail cell
- Rochester couple arrested after investigation turns up drugs and guns
- Authorities: Drug raid turns up 22 guns, homemade bombs
- Bed bugs found at Veterans Home
- 7 in custody after Columbus drug bust nets $60K in meth, $24K in cash