LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) —Two people were arrested after Lafayette police found drugs and cash along with guns belonging to area police departments. The investigation started when Lafayette police pulled over 29-year-old Paris Hill for a traffic violation on the city's east side Tuesday. During the stop, police search the vehicle and evidence was found that resulted in Hill being arrested for possession of Synthetic Urine and Possession of Paraphernalia.
After the traffic stop, a search warrant was served at Paris’ residence. Officers located 75-year-old John McKeever and two children inside. The mother of the two children, 28-year-old Andrea McKeever-Austin arrived at the residence during the search. John McKeever was arrested for possession of marijuana less than 30 grams. Andrea McKeever-Austin was arrested for Neglect of a Dependent and The children were placed into the care of the Department of Child Services.
Police also found five firearms, two of which were reported stolen to the Frankfort and West Lafayette police departments.
Paris was also arrested for the following charges based on the evidence obtained during the search:
-Dealing in a narcotic drug over 10 grams
-Possession of a narcotic drug over 10 grams
-Dealing in a narcotic drug up to 1 gram
-Possession of a narcotic drug up to 1 gram
-Neglect of a dependent
-2 counts of Possession of a stolen firearm
- Traffic stop leads to arrest for Fentanyl dealing
- Lafayette traffic stop leads to drug dealing arrest, charges
- Traffic stop leads to six arrests
- I-65 traffic stop leads to marijuana arrest
- Traffic stop turns up drugs and leads to 5 arrests
- Tippecanoe Co. traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- Traffic stop leads to marijuana/THC oil arrest
- Traffic stop leads to discovery of drugs
- Traffic stop leads to large drug bust
- Warren County traffic stop leads to five pounds of marijuana