WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — UPDATE: West Lafayette police have reopened eastbound lanes of Sagamore Parkway at the Wabash River bridge.
Police say icy roads have caused multiple slide-offs on the hill between the Happy Hollow Road exit and Duncan Road. One lane of Sagamore Parkway is stil closed right now until crews can move the wrecked vehicles.
WLPD says it should reopen shortly, but encourage drivers to avoid the hill due to ice.
They are diverting people off Sagamore Pkwy onto Happy Hollow Rd.
Conditions throughout Tippecanoe County are dangerous, and drivers are being asked to use caution.
This story will be updated.
- Eastbound Sagamore Pkwy bridge over the Wabash is back open and clear
- Eastbound lanes of Sagamore Pkwy bridge closed overnight Tuesday
- 20-minute closures on Sagamore Pkwy Bridge begin Tuesday
- Schedule slips on Sagamore bridge construction
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge closures begin today
- Sagamore bridge closures delayed until Wednesday
- Bob Rohrman honored with Sagamore of the Wabash Award
- Series of closures on Sagamore Parkway Bridge to happen Tuesday
- Delays on Sagamore already reported ahead of Tuesday's bridge work
- Drivers responding well to Sagamore bridge lane closures