TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)—"Anything to save lives," said Ed Page. A driver who drives State Road 25 as a main route.
Page along with other drivers are asking for change on State Road 25 at the intersection of 800 South, this is just south of West Point.
These concerns follow a fatal crash on Friday, Oct. 18. That crash involved two vehicles and a semi, leaving two dead.
"This is the second accident that somebody has been killed there," said Page.
Page has lived and traveled on that stretch of State Road 25 for 20 years. He said he's witnessed a lot of situations where crashes could have quickly happened.
"Kind of a dangerous intersection," said Page. "This is the second major accident there at that intersection that I am aware of. I'm sure there's been more."
The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office said State Road 25 South between 700 and State Road 28 West is heavily traveled. They said there have been 65 crashes in the last five years just on that 2.5 mile stretch alone.
"I think it's a combination of people not paying attention people speeding," said Page.
One Driver said for the most part intersections on State Road 25 aren't dangerous.
"Most intersections around here are pretty tame unless somebody misses the stop signs."
Although they said when there are crashes, they're bad.
"They are," "Like last week I think they said that there was at least two people that were killed in that accident. Then it was three years or five years ago that there was another accident that I think there was three more people killed."
Ed Page said there are ways to make the intersection safer.
"I'm thinking maybe you know if they put rumble strips down that would warn people that the intersection is coming up," said Page. "Blinkers at that intersection would help."
The Indiana Department of Transportation said the department will check out that intersection next week.
They also said the department hasn't had any open cases for SR 25 and CR 800 S. in Tippecanoe County in the past year and a half.
- Drivers ask for change at the intersection of State Road 25 and 800 S
- Drivers concerned about Twyckenham Blvd and 9th Street intersection
- Clinton Co. residents petition for change at dangerous intersection
- Battle Ground residents want change for five-way intersection
- Monday's State Road 26 crash adds to list at dangerous intersection
- Drivers concerned after fatal crash on State Road 18
- The intersection of Klondike Road and Lindberg Road will be closing
- Crash with injury closes State Road 25
- Afternoon temp changes causing slick roads
- US 52 intersections set to close Friday