WHITE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The driver in a crash into Lake Shafer on Sunday is now in jail on unrelated charges, according to the White County Sheriff. Investigators said around 10 p.m., the car missed a curve near Beachview Court on Norway Road.
The car went into the water, and another driver passing by saw the scene and stopped to help. Police said Jerald Felker was the only person inside the car. The 41-year-old was rescued and taken to the hospital.
Police learned he was wanted on several charges including battery. After being released from the hospital, he was brought to the White County Jail where he's being held on a $5,000 bond.
- Driver of car that drove into Lake Shafer arrested on unrelated charges
- Body pulled from Lake Shafer identified
- Coroner: Man pulled from Lake Shafer died accidentally
- Boaters continue to dodge floating debris in Lake Shafer
- Victims in speedboat accident on Lake Shafer identified
- Two airlifted Saturday night in boat accident on Lake Shafer
- People living along Lake Shafer react to boat crash
- DNR patrols Lake Shafer for safety violations over Memorial Day Weekend
- Lower levels ordered for Freeman and Shafer to protect mussels
- Two Tippecanoe County Jail inmates die from unrelated medical issues on same day