LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A luxury apartment complex in downtown Lafayette isn't ready for tenants just yet, but the development is ready for clients to fill the ground floor.
Developers met with the Lafayette Redevelopment Commission Thursday to show how the finished product will look.
Star Crossing Apartment Complex is being built at the corner of 5th and South Streets.
The 7,600-square-foot development includes 76 luxury apartments and a two-level parking garage.
A partner with Star City Crossing says he hopes the main floor will be filled with retail spaces, restaurants or business offices.
But, he's most looking forward to the upscale apartments.
"We're super excited about the apartments in particular because they are very large, very large balconies, nice views, very high-end amenities that will appeal to a nice clientele," said Greg Milakis.
Milakis says there will be a website for tenants to lease the apartments in the future.
The apartment complex won't be finished until April of 2020.
- Downtown development looking for clients
- New housing developments coming downtown
- New development "revitalizes" downtown Frankfort
- Indiana gathering feedback about caring for disabled clients
- West Lafayette looking to plan for future development in downtown area
- City announces additional parking downtown
- New businesses fill downtown void
- City seeks feedback on developing recreational center
- PRF launches new housing and retail development
- Governor signs Indiana workforce development bills