LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — You're invited to join in the holiday spirit in downtown Lafayette this weekend.
Saturday, December 7, is the annual Very Merry Main Street Parade.
The parade was canceled last year because of rain, but the radar looks clear for this year's festivities.
It starts at 5:30 p.m. at 10th and Main Streets. It will continue down Main to Rhiele Plaza.
There are several other holiday events happening in the area.
Parade committee member Cindy Murray said families are encouraged to spend their whole day downtown.
There's all the shopping downtown, there's a farmers market, there's the Polar Express that day," said Murray. "So, it can just be one big family event and then can kind of parlay into the Christmas Parade at 5:30."
Murray has some advice for those wanting to attend.
"Park in the parking garages," she said. "It will be easy to get in, easy to get out. It's free, and there's plenty of spots in there."
More than 100 different groups will join in the parade route. That includes WLFI.
- Downtown Lafayette gearing up for annual Christmas parade
- City of Lafayette gears up for annual Christmas parade
- Lafayette Christmas Parade Forecast
- Plans for the downtown Lafayette Christmas parade
- LPD prepares for annual Christmas Parade
- Lafayette Christmas Parade has officially been canceled
- Christmas parade spreads holiday cheer
- Annual Memorial Day Parade kicks off in Lafayette
- Downtown Lafayette host OutFest
- Community Cancer Network gears up for fourth annual gala