LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Monday evening marked a new beginning for the Lafayette Jeff athletic department. The Lafayette School Corporation approved Doug Seagrave as Peyton Stovall's successor as athletics director.
Seagrave brings a wealth of experience to Jeff. Prior to taking the job at Jeff, Seagrave served as athletics director at Indianapolis Cathedral, Warren Central, and Triton Central high schools. Under his leadership, Cathedral won 15 state titles in various sports, including 11 more as the director at Warren Central.
Seagrave spent the past year living near Scottsdale, Arizona with his family, where his son goes to school and plays golf. Seagrave is ready to hit the ground running with the Broncho athletic department, one which he said has all the right pieces in place to be successful.
"One of the draws, to the job is their tradition. The tradition of the people who have been around here and live and breath Jeff Athletics," said Seagrave. "To see that you already have people here who are like that, and doing my research, and my due diligence before I let it know that I was interested in this job, that's what I found out is you have those people here, and that's exciting for me."
Seagrave will start as athletic director as soon as Tuesday morning.
- Lafayette Jeff athletic director Doug Seagrave resigns
- Lafayette Jeff announces Doug Seagrave as athletic director
- Purdue hires Lafayette Jeff athletic director Peyton Stovall
- Lafayette Jeff hires Joe Hernandez as new athletic director
- West Lafayette Schools approve new athletic director
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Cooke, West Lafayette top Lafayette Jeff 2-0
- Holcomb announces new DCS director
- Purdue announces contract extension for Jeff Brohm
- HIGHLIGHTS: Westfield 42, Lafayette Jeff 40