TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)- A Tippecanoe County jury will decide the fate of an Evansville man accused of double murder.
Deshay Hackner is charged with two counts of murder, with life without parole enhancements.
Last October, Deshay Hackner allegedly shot and killed two people in their home in Vanderburgh County.
Two weeks before, a jury found Hackner not guilty in another murder case. However, this time police say one of the victims called 911 before he died and said Hackner and another man were the killers.
The other man's trial is in Evansville, but Hackner was granted a change of venue to Tippecanoe County due to pre-trial publicity.
His jury trial is set for April of 2019.
- Double murder trial moved to Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe fairgrounds project moves forward
- DNA, digital and ballistic evidence revealed in double murder trial
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Tippecanoe Co. Commissioners delay moving exchange program
- Tippecanoe County moving forward with plans to fix broken roads
- Tippecanoe County High Tech Crime Unit helps with murder conviction
- Patrick Elliott's murder trial postponed
- Tippecanoe County voter card confusion