LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Saturday is your chance to head downtown for live music, local vendors and great food.
The first Mosey Down Main Street of the season takes place from 6 to 11 p.m. between 6th and 11th streets.
It includes a special performance to celebrate the Tippecanoe Ancient Fife and Drum Corp's 50th anniversary.
Co-founder Ken McCammon said it's a way to start the Mosey's 12th season with a bang.
"At 6 p.m., they will march from 11th to 6th Street with their fifes and drums going. " he said. "They will be stopping momentarily to shoot off their muskets, which is always an exciting and loud event," said McCammon.
It's also a way to enjoy some of the best things downtown has to offer.
"It's a part of Lafayette that's inherent with the town now that didn't exist 12 years ago when we started," McCammon said. "It's just a great time to meet people, walk the streets and look at the architecture."
Due to the threat of inclement weather, McCammon encourages people to check social media for event updates.
- First Mosey Down Main Street of 2019 cancelled
- Don't miss out on 2019's First Mosey Down Main Street!
- The season's first Mosey Down Main Street starts Saturday
- Downtown Lafayette kicks off Mosey Down Main Street
- Mosey Down Main Street welcomes 107 vendors Saturday night
- Main Street closure pushed back
- Dollar General on Main Street robbed
- LPD investigates late night stabbing on Main Street
- City officials find solution to Main Street flooding
- New surveillance cameras watch over Main Street in Lafayette