WASHINGTON (AP) — Democratic Indiana Sen. Joe Donnelly said he'll meet with President Donald Trump's U.S. Supreme Court nominee next month.
Donnelly is considered one of the most vulnerable Senate incumbents on the ballot this year. Now the GOP is ratcheting up pressure on him to support appeals court Judge Brett Kavanaugh, despite widespread opposition to the nominee from his fellow Democrats.
Donnelly's office said Tuesday that he'll meet Kavanaugh on Aug. 15.
- Donnelly to meet with Trump's Supreme Court nominee next month
- Senator Joe Donnelly to meet with Supreme Court nominee
- Kavanaugh is confirmed: Senate Oks Supreme Court nominee
- Trump nominates Brett Kavanaugh to Supreme Court
- Supreme Court upholds Trump travel ban
- Sen. Donnelly discusses 2018 priorities
- Supreme Court allows full enforcement of Trump travel ban
- Justice Kennedy retiring; Trump gets 2nd Supreme Court pick
- Supreme Court upholds block on Trump's asylum ban
- Sen. Donnelly proposes North Korea strategy to President Trump