LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette woman is using her business to encourage people to give back to women in need.
Brittany Outlaw calls herself the Indiana Bra Lady. She runs a business from home helping women find the perfect fitting bra.
Outlaw is now on a mission to empower women who can't afford some of the simplest necessities.
She's collecting bras and feminine hygiene products for I Support the Girls.
Donations go to domestic violence victims, homeless or women affected by natural disasters like Hurricane Dorian.
"Every woman should have access to those basic dignity items. It shouldn't be a luxury," said Outlaw. "So, they use all of those bras and menstrual hygiene products that I collect from my customers and get them to women who are truly in need."
Donations can be given to Outlaw directly or dropped off at The HairSpa. That's located at 3613 S. 18th Street in Lafayette.
- Donations of bras and feminine hygiene products wanted for women in need
- "Talking Teeth" to show students great hygiene
- Local hygiene pantry is helping those in need
- March Madness, less productivity?
- Ethanol production plant planned for Shelbyville
- Local store selling legal 'marijuana' product
- NRA to shut down production of NRATV
- New production jobs coming to Lafayette
- EggLife opens new production facility in Wolcott
- Franciscan nurse donates kidney