TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) – In a contentious race, Jason Dombkowski has won the Republican nomination for Tippecanoe County sheriff.
Related: 2018 Indiana Primary Results
Dombkowski took 50 percent of the votes. Incumbent Barry Richard had 21 percent, while John “Woody” Ricks had 29 percent.
Dombkowski currently serves as chief of the West Lafayette Police Department. Throughout his campaign, he has been highly critical of Richard’s leadership.
Dombkowski said if he is elected sheriff, he will increase drug enforcement, use K9 units in the jail and implement a DARE program in Tippecanoe County schools.
There were not any Democrats running for sheriff.
- Dombkowski wins Republican nomination for sheriff in Tippecanoe Co.
- Republican Jason Dombkowski files candidacy for Tippecanoe County Sheriff
- Brooks wins Republican nomination for sheriff in White County
- Tippecanoe Co. Election Board to review Dombkowski's cell use
- Democrat expected to challenge Jason Dombkowski for sheriff
- Did Dombkowski's cell usage violate election law?
- Goldsmith, Dombkowski to debate live Wednesday
- Jason Dombkowski announces retirement from WLPD
- Jason Dombkowski taking leave of absence from WLPD
- Jason Dombkowski unsure of his future as WL Police Chief