WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Purdue running back King Doerue picked up his first Big Ten weekly honors, being named the conference's Freshman of the Week after his performance against Nebraska last Saturday.
Doerue amassed 102 all-purpose yards against the Huskers, finishing with 71 yards rushing on 15 carries and 31 yards receiving on five catches. He scored on a three-yard pass in the second quarter and on a seven-yard rush in the fourth.
He is the fourth Boilermaker to be recognized with weekly honors this season, joining Elijah Sindelar (Offensive after Vanderbilt), Jack Plummer (Offensive after Maryland) and David Bell (Freshman after Maryland and Iowa).
- King Doerue named Big Ten Freshman of the Week
- Rondale Moore named co-Big Ten Freshman of the Week
- Purdue's McLaughlin named Big Ten Co-Freshman of the Week
- Purdue's Moore named Big Ten co-Freshman of the Week
- Rondale Moore named Big Ten Freshman of the Week
- Rondale Moore named Big Ten Freshman, Receiver of the Year
- Isaac Haas named Big Ten Player of the Week
- Vincent Edwards named Big Ten Player of Week
- Purdue's McGowan named Big Ten Player of Week (Baseball)
- David Blough named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week