TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Wednesday, a democratic candidate was chosen for Indiana House District 26. It's a position that didn't have any Democratic options when the primaries were held in May.
State democrats held a caucus Wednesday and announced Chris Campbell will run as the democratic candidate. Campbell said if elected, she wants to bring quality jobs to our area, put more money into public schools and increase state wages.
Campbell has been extensively involved in the community, and feels that will be one of her strengths over her opponent, incumbent Republican Sally Siegrist.
"I've been extremely committed to this community for many, many years," said Campbell. "I've participated in many aspects of the community. I've worked on projects, road projects, school projects and I've volunteered in schools."
Siegrist's first campaign in 2016 also boasted of community involvement. She was a member of the Tippecanoe County Council before her bid for the statehouse.
- District 26 Democratic candidate announced
- Democrat Campbell unseats Siegrist in District 26
- Democratic challenger announces run for State Rep. D 26
- Senate District 22 candidates putt-putt over issues
- Indiana GOP Senate candidate voted Democrat until 2012
- Democratic mayoral candidate kicked off Indiana city ballot
- Candidate announces GOP bid for Indiana attorney general
- Democrat Beto O'Rourke announces 2020 White House bid
- Republican Senate Candidate Debate
- Gold and Black LIVE January 26