WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)— Designs are in the works to redevelop Cason Family Park for the historic area in West Lafayette.
Lynn Cason donated the 14-acre site on U-S 231 to the city for a new park to surround the old Morris Schoolhouse.
Once the building is restored, the city will hold historical reenactments on the site.
The new restorations are being funded by community donations and bricks for the walkway can be purchased and desks and old books are also being accepted.
Development Director Eric Carlson said this is a way to bring back Indiana's history.
"We have the opportunity now to build up that part of town," said Carlson. "One of the central aspects of that is going to be the Cason Family Park and that will be a great draw to that part of the community."
If you would like to volunteer to help restore the old school, visit their website here.
- Designs for Cason Family Park begin!
- Cason Park planning underway
- Lafayette Parks and Recreation begin winterization process
- New design lab in Purdue's Research Park works with local automobile industry
- Demolition of old housing unit begins in Discovery Park
- Work to begin on Columbian Park Zoo penguin exhibit
- Karl Lagerfeld, pioneering fashion designer, has died
- Black Friday shopping begins
- "Hour Time" clock to become part of family fun park
- Family of lion attack victim encourages donations to Wolf Park