Newton County, Ind. (WLFI)- The jury's decision has been made in a triple homicide in Newton County. Derrick Cardosi has been found guilty of multiple charges.
Cardosi is guilty in the deaths of Justin Babbs, Kimberly Spears and Richard Thomas. The three victims were stabbed to death in August of 2016 at a home in Sumava Resorts.
Cardosi's charges include murder, theft and auto theft.
His co-defendant, Sebastian Wedding, pleaded guilty to two counts of murder. Wedding is now serving a 55-year prison sentence.
Rick Babbs, the father of Justin Babbs, said the verdict is what his family needed to hear.
"It was all guilty that was what we were always wanting so at least we got something, you know, something good out of this mess. That's all we can ask. Hopefully, he will get life without parole," Babbs said.
Prosecutors introduced DNA evidence, including samples of blood that were found in the home. Blood that was found on Cardosi's clothing came back positive for all three murder victims.
- Jury finds Newton County man guilty of murder
- Jury finds man guilty of meth possession
- Jury finds man guilty of child molestation
- Jury finds Scottie Kincade guilty of murdering Williamsport woman
- Federal jury finds Lafayette man guilty of child porn crimes
- Newton Co. jury recommends life without parole in triple murder case
- Jury returns guilty verdict on Lafayette double murder
- Newton County blaze causes $50,000 damage
- Surveillance video shows Newton County robbery
- Semi and train collide in Newton County