MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) -- The White County Sheriff's Office is looking for the driver of a vehicle that deputies said hit a woman over the weekend. A deputy found a woman lying in the road Saturday outside a Monticello bar.
Around 11 p.m. on Nov. 17, a deputy was driving near the intersection of West Shafer Drive and White Point Drive to another call when he found the woman in the roadway. The woman, 21-year-old Shawnrenee Hunt of Delphi, said a vehicle had hit her while she was walking across the street. Witnesses said Hunt parked her vehicle across from a saloon and was walking inside when the crash happened.
Witnesses told deputies the suspect vehicle was a white or light colored SUV/Crossover type and sped off north on West Shafer Drive. Deputies said the vehicle will likely have front-end damage on the driver's saide.
Hunt was taken to IU Health White Memorial Hospital and later taken to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Deputies looking for vehicle after woman found hit in roadway
- Suspect and vehicle involved in fatal hit-and-run found
- Hoosier National Forest wants to decommission roadways
- Potholes take over Greater Lafayette roadways
- Authorities: Truck hits construction vehicle; worker killed
- Missing Lafayette woman found safe
- Deputies take Monticello hit-and-run suspect into custody
- Deputies investigating hit and run near Buck Creek
- Uber self-driving vehicle hits, kills pedestrian in Arizona
- Authorities: 2 dead after train hits vehicle in Indiana