SHADELAND, Ind. (WLFI) -- Sheriff's deputies said a drunk driver is to blame for a crash that has closed a Tippecanoe County road until at least 1 p.m. Friday.
The single-vehicle crash happened just before 1 a.m. in the 6200 block of South County Road 150 West. That's near Shadeland.
The crash has closed County Road 150 West between West 550 South and West 625 South.
Deputies said a vehicle crashed into a utility pole, knocking power lines into the roadway. The vehicle, driven by Zachery Benjamin, then crashed into a tree. The 24-year-old had minor injuries and refused medical treatment.
Deputies believe alcohol is a factor. Benjamin was arrested and taken to the Tippecanoe County Jail.
No other people were involved in the crash.
Drivers are asked to avoid the area while crews work to fix the power lines.
- Deputies: Suspected drunken driving crash closes Tippecanoe Co. road for 12 hours
- Indiana legislator jailed on drunken driving, other charges
- Holloway Drive reopened after suspected drunken driver knocks down electrical pole
- Road closed after sinkhole reported in Tippecanoe County
- Crash with injury closes State Road 25
- Two hospitalized after crash in Tippecanoe County
- Man arrested after shooting at Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff's deputy
- Tippecanoe Co. chief deputy prosecutor appointed as judge
- Did Loren Gary attempt to kill a Tippecanoe Co. Deputy?
- Jason Biss named Tippecanoe Co. Chief Deputy Prosecutor