DEMOTTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Jasper County Sheriff's Office has released the mugshot of a man who allegedly stabbed his wife to death in DeMotte. That's in the northern part of the county.
Joseph Borgia is currenly in the Jasper County Jail and is charged with murder and child neglect. On Aug. 24, police were called to Whispering Woods Drive in a rural part of DeMotte for a structure fire. When they arrived, no fire was found. Instead, deputies said they found Borgia distressed with blood residue on his clothes outside a home.
According to a news release, two children were also found outside the home with Borgia. They were taken into protected custody by police.
Investigatiors said, 35-year-old Amanda Borgia was found stabbed to death inside the home. Sheriff detectives and Indiana State Police are investigating. Borgia is being held without bond.
- Demotte man accused of stabbing wife to death
- Child porn, narcotics allegedly found in Demotte man's home
- Man stabbed to death after argument over Popeyes chicken sandwich
- Man accused of West Lafayette stabbing found by police
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing
- Trial for Lafayette man accused of killing wife and recording it begins Friday
- Man accused of murder, cannibalism won't face death penalty
- American student stabbed to death in the Netherlands, police say
- Homeless man charged in stabbing case sentenced
- Man stabbed at 18th and Morton