WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)-- The Married Student housing built by Purdue back in World War Two is being torn down.
The Purdue Research Foundation will cover half the costs and be eligible for reimbursement if the development generates enough of its own real estate tax in the future.
PRF would be reimbursed for the new investments and hopes the incentivized developments will bring in more business.
West Lafayette Mayor John Dennis said the space is a perfect place for development.
"Basically what's going to go on is putting new investments there and it's also going to help beautify that area," Dennis said. "In conjunction with the state street project, this will provide space for them."
Dennis said the developers hope to break ground starting next spring.
- Demolition of old housing unit begins in Discovery Park
- Demolition begins for burned Frankfort businesses
- 30-year master plan for Discovery Park revealed
- Discovery Park Project takes another step forward
- Community living coming to Discovery Park District
- Merou Grotto Demolition Underway
- 300 high-tech jobs coming to Purdue's Discovery Park
- Supercars to be built at Purdue's Discovery Park
- New developments possibly coming to Discovery Park District
- New development Provenance coming to Purdue's Discovery Park District