FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) — Demolition crews received the go-ahead to start tearing down a burned building.
As we previously reported, in January a line of business were burned due to a fire that started in a garage on the side of T & R Pet Grooming.
No cause was ever determined.
The businesses on 50 to 54 West Washington Street had to be cleared by an asbestos inspector and the Indiana Department of Environmental Management.
A Frankfort news release says the street will be reopened as soon as the risk to pedestrians and drivers has been eliminated.
- Demolition begins for burned Frankfort businesses
- Improvements to Frankfort sidewalks will begin Wednesday
- Demolition of old housing unit begins in Discovery Park
- Burned-out building in Frankfort causing safety concerns
- Frankfort resident buys old home to burn down for revitalization
- Community reacts to Chauncey Hill Mall demolition
- Vacant building demolition will help downtown flooding
- Tippecanoe County funding Battle Ground hotel demolition
- Storms cause damage in Frankfort
- Frankfort holiday trash collection schedule