FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) — Demolition crews received the go-ahead to start tearing down a burned building.
As we previously reported, in January a line of business were burned due to a fire that started in a garage on the side of T & R Pet Grooming.
No cause was ever determined.
The businesses on 50 to 54 West Washington Street had to be cleared by an asbestos inspector and the Indiana Department of Environmental Management.
A Frankfort news release says the street will be reopened as soon as the risk to pedestrians and drivers has been eliminated.
- Demolition begins for burned Frankfort businesses
- Improvements to Frankfort sidewalks will begin Wednesday
- Merou Grotto Demolition Underway
- Demolition of old housing unit begins in Discovery Park
- Demolition of burnt homes in Lindberg Village begins
- Multiple businesses burn in Rensselaer
- Burned-out building in Frankfort causing safety concerns
- Frankfort resident buys old home to burn down for revitalization
- Demolition continues in Lindberg Village
- Frankfort residents: fall clean up begins on Monday