DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — Greg Briles could be out as the Delphi Community School Corporation's Superintendent.
School board member Steve Myer told News 18 the board voted to "proceed with termination" of Briles' contract during it's Monday night meeting.
As we've previously reported, Briles was placed on paid administrative leave Aug. 19.
The school board confirmed it was linked to an investigation at a special session board meeting a week later.
The corporation is currently investigating the financial state of the school district. Board members are trying to find information on payments made between early July up until Briles' paid administrative leave.
According to financial advisor Ed Eiler, July and August funds are unaccounted for. He's been helping the school figure out its financial standing since the former treasurer quit in July.
Eiler said he found the school switched accounting systems in early July. With the new system, he hasn't been able to find information on any financial decisions made in July or August.
Delphi school district attorney, Nicholas Otis said Briles was in charge of overseeing the schools finances while they were without a treasurer.
At the time, Otis said they aren't accusing Briles of anything but instead trying to figure out the school's finances during that time.
Myer couldn't say when the board would make it's final decision on whether to end the contract. He said we would need to speak with the corporation attorney or board president Neal Anderson.
We have reached out to both Otis and Anderson, but have not heard back yet.
Dan Ronk is currently serving as interim superintendent.
- Delphi School Board votes to 'proceed with termination' of superintendent's contract
- Delphi schools superintendent placed on paid administrative leave
- Meet Delphi Community School Corporation Interim Superintendent Dan Ronk
- WATCH: ISP superintendent speaks on anniversary of Delphi homicides
- ISP superintendent: Delphi double homicide far from a cold case
- Former Delphi Community Schools superintendent Greg Briles speaks out for first time since being fired
- Severance agreement released by Delphi Community School Corporation for former superintendent
- Concert will proceed Thursday night without Nelly
- Delphi community school board working to bring art back to curriculum
- Delphi Community School Corporation working out finances