DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — The multi-agency taskforce released a statement Wednesday clarifying a few questions about the sketches of the suspect. According to the press release, Indiana State Police initially believed the sketch that was released two years ago of a person in the age range of his 40’s to 50’s was a person of interest in this murder investigation.
Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed, the task force believes that the person depicted in the new sketch released on April 22nd more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.
In the press release it states it is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches:
• They are not the same person
• The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
• The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
• The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
• This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch
Anyone with information on the deaths of Abby and Libby should email email@example.com or call (844) 459-5786, however, email is the preferred way.
- Delphi Homicide task force clarifies their reason for issuing a new sketch in murder case
- ISP release video, additional audio and a new sketch of the Delphi Homicide suspect
- Tennessee sheriff clarifies statement about Delphi suspect search
- Sheriff speaks out about side-by-side comparisons of Delphi murder suspect sketch
- Delphi homicide case manager graduates from FBI National Academy
- ISP superintendent: Delphi double homicide far from a cold case
- Delphi homicide investigation moves back to Delphi City Hall
- Delphi residents react after Monday's Delphi Homicide press conference
- Indiana task force to make alcohol recommendations
- First Christmas after the Delphi double homicide