DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — If you're looking for a way to burn some Christmas calories, the Delphi Canal Park will be open for the winter.
It provides beautiful trails and historic monuments for the public to walk on.
Walkers can take the Monon Trail and make their way back to the canal to see the new Bicentennial Park site.
Even though there may be some snowy days in the future, Erie and Wabash Canal Association President Dan McCain spoke about why people should still come and visit the park.
"The beauty of it in the winter is even more exhilerating, I think, than sometimes in the Spring or Fall," he said. "It's an opportunity, especially this high bridge trail area out there is really beautiful."
The park is open from 1 to 4 p.m. every day.
- Delphi Canal Park open for winter
- Volunteers prepare Canal Park for winter
- Take a trip back to the 1800s at Delphi's Canal Days Festival
- Canal Park hosts 30th annual Christmas Festival despite rainy weather
- Delphi opens a new community center
- Delphi project aims to keep people warm for winter
- FEMA opens disaster recovery center for flood victims in Delphi
- A disaster recovery center is open in Delphi
- Delphi homicide investigation moves back to Delphi City Hall
- Delphi residents react after Monday's Delphi Homicide press conference