TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)- A three week delay in construction is not expected to postpone completion of a road construction project along U.S. 52.
Construction began this past April on 52, spanning south from 30th Street to Country Road 900 South.
Asphalt was laid on the north end near Teal Road and 30th Street to Veterans Memorial Parkway.
Concrete is being poured between County Road 500 and County Road 900.
INDOT spokesperson Debbie Calder said some unexpected issues cropped up with the concrete overlay section in the southern portion.
"Our construction department had some ongoing discussions with the contractor and our pavement design group to determine the best method and means for continuing construction and providing a quality end prduct," said Calder.
But she said work will continue as planned.
"The contractor has been able to continue working on the asphalt section, even while the concrete section we've had a few issues. We're just moving forward and I don't think it's overall going to affect the end date," said Calder.
Work is expected to continue on the concrete section either Thursday or Friday, weather permitting.
The project is set to be finished by the end of September.
- U.S. 52 project to finish on time despite construction delays
- U.S. 52 resurfacing project set to resume
- Construction delays expected on Sagamore Parkway
- 1:52 P.M. Weather Update
- Shepler Construction wins fairgrounds project bid
- A major resurfacing project on US 52 is about to shift lanes
- U.S. 52 resurfacing will begin in April
- Road restrictions planned for US 52 resurfacing
- Lane restrictions coming to US 52