HARRISON COUNTY, Ind. — A hunter in southern Indiana is dead after an apparent accident, just two days into deer hunting season.
Fifty-eight-year-old Thomas Zimmerman of Borden was found in a tree stand near Elizabeth by other members of his hunting party.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources says he suffered a close-range gunshot wound to the head.
Officials say no foul play is suspected.
The will still wait for toxicology results before closing the case.
- Deer hunter found dead with gunshot wound to head
- Teen suffers gunshot wound after argument
- Man charged after lying to police about gunshot wound
- Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office goes through gunshot wound care training
- Gunshot wound to neck ruled preliminary cause of death for body found
- Nevada wildlife officials warn hunters about 'zombie' deer
- A hunter was gored by the deer he thought he shot and killed
- Multiple gunshot victims in West Texas
- Sheriff: 1 student dead, 2 wounded in Maryland high school
- Burnettsville man was found guilty in Deer Creek murder