A few flurries & spotty light snow showers are possible, followed by clearing later today. Highs will run 36-39.
Wave of snow with some freezing rain & sleet is possible Christmas morning to midday with temperatures 29-32.
It should taper to just a few spotty showers &/or patchy drizzle after midday with highs 36-40.
Brief less than 1" wet accumulations are expected. 1-2" is likely over Iowa, southern Michigan & parts of west-central Illinois. We will watch to see if we can get in on these higher accumulations in future model runs.
Rain is likely late Wednesday-early Friday. Heaviest rain looks to fall Thursday afternoon. An isolated rumble of thunder is possible. Winds will be gusty at up to 33 mph with this system with 0.70-1.10" rainfall expected.
Highs will run 50-55 Thursday & early Friday (followed by falling temperatures). Highs Saturday will reach only 30-34.
We will watch New Years period for potential mix &/or snow as much colder air continues to bleed in.
- December 23, 10 AM Weather Forecast Update
- December 23, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- June 23, 10 AM Weather Forecast Update
- October 23, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 10, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 20, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 10, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 16, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 18, 10 AM Weather Forecast Update
- December 18, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update