Highs today reached 46-52. It was above normal, but no where near the record highs of 60-65 for the date over the area. The record were mostly set in either 1949 or 1988. The record high of 62 for December 20 at West Lafayette was set in 1988.
The low temperature for the day at West Lafayette has been 42. The record warmest low temperature for December 20 is 47 set in 1923.
Records for West Lafayette go back to 1879.
Light rain, drizzle & patchy fog are over the area now. Rain should increase somewhat overnight with a rapid uptick in the wind as it turns to the north-northeast, then then the north. Rain should change-over to light snow
Rain should change to light snow from northwest to southeast in the 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. time frame over the viewing area.
Periodic, wind-driven light snow will be with us through the day with north to north-northwest wind gusts of 30-35 mph & sustained winds at 15-25 mph.
Roads should remain wet all day. A few slick spots are possible tomorrow night with snowfall accumulations of less than 0.5", mainly on grassy & elevated surfaces. There may be a couple locations in the eastern or southeastern fringe that see 0.5" or a bit more than that.
Temperatures will fall to 32-34 in the morning & remain there much of the day.
Weak clipper will pass late Saturday evening-early Sunday morning. 0.5" or less of accumulation is possible with temperatures in the upper 20s to lower 30s. A few slick spots are possible late Saturday evening-Saturday night to early Sunday morning.
With temperatures rising to 34-38 Sunday, the melting should be rapid in the morning.
Some light snow &/or mix is possible on Christmas Day. Any accumulations still look very minor.
- December 20, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 10, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 10, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 16, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 18, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 1, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 10, 1 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 3, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 5, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 9, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update