A few showers & t'showers will develop this afternoon, falling by scattered showers & falling temperatures from 50-56 to 40-45 by later evening. West to northwest winds may gust 35-40 mph at times later today.
Snow showers are likely later tonight, tomorrow & then right through Tuesday night to Wednesday.
Multiple periods of light, minor accumulation are possible. It looks like a situation of 1" or less amounts that occur, then melt, then another wave whitens the grass, that melts some, then another wave. Periodic icy areas on roads are possible Monday-Wednesday.
It is not out of the question that some isolated 1-2" accumulations occur.
The most steady snow looks to be Monday morning, while the rest of the time it is snow showers & snow squalls with suddent, rapid decreases in visibility between periods where the visibility is much, much better.
Breezy to windy conditions from the northwest to north to north-northwest will occur Monday-Wednesday.
Highs will run in the 20s & 30s. Given the rain & warmth of Saturday night & part of today, snow will have trouble sticking at first.
As for the Monday morning commute, I am not concerned about icy travel at this time. Roads look to be wet. Some minor grassy accumulation of snow is possible in some areas. Again, off/on accumulations will occur right to Wednesday. The better potential of icy areas on roads will arrive Monday night.
Snow is possible Thursday-Friday & Saturday-early Sunday. Snow is also possible as we get around December 14.
My analogs point to very cold weather mid-month with lows below zero (near record cold), but the models say otherwise. We will see if these analog calculations come to fruition.
- December 2, 12 PM Weather Forecast Update: 12 Hours of Spring, Now Back to Winter
- December 12, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 27, 12:15 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 1, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 3, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 10, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 16, 4 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 17, 4 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 21, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 26, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update