Highs today reached 39-43...............cooler than the 46-52 yesterday, but still nice & bright! Normal high is 35-39 over the viewing area this time of year.
There will be a heavy frost to scrape in the morning & it will glitter like snow on the grass! Some patchy fog is possible. The low will drop into the lower 20s.
Clouds will gradually be on the increase over the next 2 days with highs in the 40s.
Scattered rain showers Wednesday night-Thursday morning will go to all steady rainfall.
Rain Thursday-Thursday night will last into part of Friday, but may end as a brief period of snow as temperatures fall from the 40s to the 30s.
The winds will increase a lot Thursday night & peak Friday with gusts easily to 40 mph from the north.
There is still hope for a couple clipper to bring some snow just before & on Christmas. Model agreement is poor. The Euro is most persistent about the prospects & my analog data is too. We shall see.
Looks like cold rain late next week.
Models are struggling with what will happen after Christmas. Some have significant warm-up with rain & 50s, even 60s, others, not so much.
Most are mild with rain.
It should be colder, but models are not tapping into that. It would seem that the models are still thinking MJO will continue to be in the warm, wet phase & that the MJO will dominate even more.
The winter & overall long-range pattern support cold too much for this to last overly long. The January trend looks quite similar to some of the colder, snowier Januarys. Entire upper pattern for January looks very much like 2003, 2010, which were cold & very snowy here. It bears resemblance to some active, snowy, cold Januarys of the past 60 years.
- December 17, 4 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 17, 10:45 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 10, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 16, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 18, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- December 20, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- April 17, 3 PM Weather Forecast Update
- April 17, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update
- July 17, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update
- August 17, 1 PM Weather Forecast Update